YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay, so, we went ring shopping today!!! We get to the jewelers and walk in and were greeted promptly by two different people before being introduced to Christine who helped up pick a ring. She went through the formalities of walking us through the store and showing us the lounge, etc. Then asked if we knew what we were looking for. Well, I knew that I wanted either a white gold, palladium or platinum setting. I really wanted platinum, but wasn't sure if it was going to be reasonable or not. I wanted something that would be timeless, that I would look at in 20 years and love just as much then as I would today, if not more so.
So, she promptly shows us the palladium settings. Meh. Nothing spectacular. Pretty rings, don't get me wrong, but nothing that just jumped out at either one of us.
So, we continue to look through the cases. We find a really pretty square shaped diamond in a palladium setting, with a triangle shaped diamond on each side. Really pretty. So, we hang on to it and continue to browse. Then we come across another ring with a square shaped diamond in the middle, the sides had diamond shaped diamonds (3 on each side) but the metal was not solid, around the diamonds you could see through right to the skin. Very unique and a pretty ring as well. Hmmm....it's unique. Timeless? Not so much, but unique no doubt.
So, we continue to look. Chip stops dead in his tracks and says, "That one. Can we look at that one?" She pulls the ring out and I put it on and it's a PERFECT fit. BEAUTIFUL ring. Platinum setting in what's called an "eternity" band because the diamonds go all around the band. The diamonds are sunk into the band so that they are flush with it. The center stone stands in a 4-prong setting. WOW!!! We both look at it and think, "this is it...this is the one." To be sure, we look half-heartedly at the other rings. We do find an INCREDIBLE men's platinum wedding band that just looked SPECTACULAR on Chipper.
After half-heartedly looking at other rings for a second, I look at Chip and say, "I really like this ring. This is the one." He smiles his beautiful beaming smile that just makes me soar every time I see it, and says, "Well, okay then. That's it."
Christine proceeds to take us back to her station to show us center stones to choose from. We got to look at them under a microscope and everything. It was pretty cool. Really neat to see a diamond up close to see the inclusions and stuff that you wouldn't normally see with a naked eye. Neat-o. We look at 4 separate stones, reduce it to two. We look at them for a couple of minutes (I've been known to be fairly indecisive on rare occasions meaning all the time). Christine says, "so, which one do you like?" Simultaneously, we say, "THAT ONE!" Yipee!!! The deed is done! We've picked the perfect setting and the perfect diamond! Much to our surprise, she let's us know it will be ready in 2 hours! BUT, it doesn't end there...
Chip says to me, "Well, we'll go eat lunch. Then, we'll come back and pick up the ring. But I've got a plan. So...You don't get the ring right away." WHAT!?!?!?! Not right away!??!!??!..../DEEP sigh......."okay..." Looks like I don't have a choice.
So, we go eat lunch at King's Fish House at Laguna Hills Mall. YUMMY!! One of our favorite restaurants. The other being Taiko of course. While we're eating the conversation goes like this:
C-So....
K-*thinking* He's changed his mind! He'll let me have it right away!
C-Do you think you can wait until Wednesday? I have a plan you know...
K-*pouty face* (for those who don't know, my pouty face rules)
C-*laughs* What? You can't wait until Wednesday?
K-*sighs w/pouty face* Doesn't sound like I have a choice...
C-*smiles and chuckles* No...no you don't...
We finish up our meal and settle the check. We head over to Macy's to pick up some cologne for the both of us. MMMMmmmm. We smell good now!! Showers aren't needed anymore when you have awesome cologne! We finish up and it's time.
We hop in the car and head down to get the ring. Now, let me just say that I can't stop thinking about it and am contemplating how the hell I am going to get through the next 4 days KNOWING he has the ring. I have no idea. So, I resolve myself to the fact that I'm not getting my ring for at least a week, possibly even longer. Well, I can't complain. I'm engaged to the most incredible man and at the end of the day, that's what matters.
So, we arrive and pick up the ring. At this juncture I'm not even allowed to touch it! In fact, I was lucky he even let me back into the store with him to pick it up! He is having waaaayyyyy to much fun torturing me with this. We grab it up and finish paperwork and head out. He puts the back in the trunk. Foo-ey. No ring for me...
Rewind to yesterday, we had planned on seeing the new 300 movie. So, we head to the Spectrum to see if there are even tickets availalbe (fandango was sold out). After stopping to get some Le Citron chocolates from Cuaco (spelling? not sure..), we start walking towards the theaters. We start to pass by Dave & Buster's and decide, "Hey! Let's grab a quick drink!" We walk in and don't see our favorite bartenders and start to walk towards the gaming room, but then decide to sit at the bar near the restaurant instead. We walk up and sit down, then ponder what we should drink. It's a vodka red-bull kind of day so we order two. I notice that we are sitting in the very two chairs that we were sitting in when Chip kissed me for the first time! /sigh.
I excuse myself to go use the little girls room and I take my dope-ass bee purse with me because a girl just never knows when she's going to need to go into her dope-ass bee purse. I return back into my chair and then my phone rings. It's one of my best-friends, Heather. She's awesome. I love her to pieces. She's screaming because she know's we picked up a ring! She's so excited for us! I tell her he's making me wait and she starts to LAUGH! LAUGH! Can you believe it? Ugh.... So, Chip talks to her a bit about the ring and then about the movie we're all trying to coordinate seeing. He hands the phone back to me. Then the following conversation ensues while I am still on the phone with Heather:
C-OH NO!!! DO YOU HAVE MY WALLET?!?!?
K-No. You don't have it?
C-The last time I had it was at the chocolate place.
K-*look of confusion* (mind you, I'm still on the phone with Heather). *look around as if his wallet is going to just appear to me out of thin air*
I turn around and look at Chip and there he is. Holding the ring in his hand with an enormous smile on his face. I start to cry immediately as he slides this GORGEOUS ring on my finger! I can't believe it! He winks at me and says, "I told you... I had a plan".
So there you have it my friends! He gave me my engagement ring in the very spot that he first kissed me! /sigh.......
I feel so very lucky to have a man who is so very thoughtful and romantic. He really wanted me to have the ring that I wanted and he made sure I got it. I just love it!!! I can't stop looking at it. It's so pretty and beautiful and stunning and.../sigh. I just love it!
***EDIT*** I forgot a picture... Here it is. :)


I really want to see the ring... come on guys, add a picture!
ReplyDeleteHehe... There ya go. It's blurry, but you get the idea. There are 3 other diamonds on it that go around the backside and the actual band looks the same. I'll see if I can get a new picture and post it.
ReplyDelete