Friday, March 20, 2009

Rubbin' Elbows with the Stars

(Originally posted on MySpace on 01.15.07)

'm famous, you already know that! (well, I wish I could say that).

Two weekends ago, Kelly and I went to watch the finish of the OC Marathon. My good friends Colin and Chris were just insane enough to run a half marathon (13.1 miles), so the least we could do is be there for when they finished, which was quite inspirational to say the least. We had to walk 2 blocks (about 600 feet) to see the actual end of the Marathon, But this is not about that!

The day before the Marathon, we accompanied them to get their racing "chip". It's a little RFID (I think) chip that ties onto your shoe so you can be timed exactly as you run. There were all kinds of fun signs around the Hotel they were registering in that made me gigle like a schoolboy that just peeked through a hole in the girls locker room wall.

Anyway, as we all separated and prepared to leave, Kelly and I walked past the Alien Hunter dude from X-Files (who I now know goes by the human name Brian Thompson). Let me tell you, the guy is freakin' huge. He's at least 6'5 and was built by the same company that created Mac Trucks (I think). I hear that if you look directly into his eyes he'll ram a tiny shiv into the back of your neck!

So, still completely in the clouds after walking past one of the greatest stars in Hollywood history, THIS happens...

Last Saturday, Kelly and I foray up to LA to hang with my buddy Simon, who is getting married in like 71 days. He used to be in a band called Dope, which just happens to be my favorite band (no I'm not starstruck, I liked that band WAY before I liked Simon).

So yeah, he's my buddy and I love him to death (congrats again dude!).

Simon, Sandy, Kelly, and I are at dinner at a FANTASTIC Italian Restaurant. The name escapes me, and Kelly is a girl, so she won't remember. We are eating GREAT food and sharing funny stories, when Simon and Sandy get quiet and start whispering to each other. I, of course, think that there is something in my toof and say "uh... what's up?". Simon leans forward and in a Fred Flinstone kinda way says "Hey dude, look over your right shoulder to the next table and tell me if that is who I think it is. I'm sure YOU'LL know who it is..." I, of course, look over my shoulder to see...

Yep, Teri Bauer (who I now know is named Leslie Hope). She was getting food to go with some "Hollywood Tard". I won't go in to how much she wished I was Jack Bauer, but trust me, she did. I could tell by the way she sat there and stared at the wall, averting all of the stares from the common folk (by common folk, I mean everybody but me and Teri, I mean LESLIE!).

Anyway, I thought it was random and funny and wanted to share...

Have a great day! Try not to freeze your cojones off (I think this is spanish for hair extentions).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments / words of wisdom below: