Friday, March 20, 2009

Apartment Living

(Originally posted on MySpace on 09.11.05)

I'm sitting here absolutely entralled by the train-wreck that is Danny Bonaduce's life on VH1 and in the back of my mind, I keep hearing a dripping sound...

20 minutes of this goes by before I decide to investigate. I go into the kitchen and find nothing, go into the bathroom and before I turn on the light, my foot makes that all too familiar "moosh" sound as though I had just stepped onto a football field in the middle of a hurricane. I hit the lights and see that water is POURING out of the light fixture in my ceiling all over the counter, mirror, toilet, shower, shower curtain, you get the idea.

Being the rocket scientist that I am, I grab some towels and dig in getting it cleaned up.. I use up 12 fucking towels! yes, I said 12, to sop up the mess.

At this point, I go to the managers office and inform them that my bathroom has been flooded by my upstairs neighbor. They say "we'll send somebody right over".

20 minutes later, water is STILL leaking into my bathroom, so I grab a few more towels and toss them on the floor and then make my way up to my upstairs neighbors place to make sure he's alright.

Here is how it went...

Me: "knock knock"
Him: *opens the door
Me: Hey man, there's water all over the fucking place downstairs, you Ok?
Him: Yeah, I took a massive dump and the toilet overflowed, sorry man...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments / words of wisdom below: