Anyway, we were chatting about all of the possibilities of what we were about to see as we rounded the fountain in front of the Spectrum Movie Theater and right before our eyes, the Cop Decepticon (can't remember it's name from the movie). The cool thing about the car was that it actually had a voicebox that was controlled by somebody that was obviously hidden and close so they could comment on what was happening around the car. Because of this, Luke was a little apprehensive to go stand near it because it kept pointing him out "Hey kid with the Mohawk, step away from me before I transform" and stuff like that. Anyway, after a few minutes, I finally got him to go stand by the car... Check it out.

There was one part in the movie when the band "The Used" was being played to add to the drama. They just happened to be one of my favorite bands at the time and when Luke heard the song "Handsome Awkward" he grabbed me by the shoulder and said "Dad, this is the best movie I've ever seen and this is the best day I've had with you in a long time. I love you, thank you".
It's crazy how much the little things your own kids say that mean so much. Not a single day has gone by that I haven't remembered that moment.
Obviously, we're planning on seeing the sequel on opening day too... This time, I'm sure Robbie and Ryan will join us to make it that much more special.


So awesome! Those are the moments we live for!
ReplyDelete