Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Proud to be an American

My buddy Chris took me shootin' last week. It was WAY more fun than I had expected it to be. When I was an early teen, I used to shoot rifles of all sorts, but never a handgun.

Chris owns some sort of wacky 357 or 9mm or something of the kind. He rented a really light 9mm for us to shoot just to get a feel for a couple different guns. The rules at MOST gun ranges is that you can't shoot more than 1 time every 2 seconds, but not in Brea. We were unloading clips like a video game.

After about 45 minutes of blasting, Chris shows up with a .44 Magnum and a tray of ammo. If you don't know what a .44 is, think of Dirty Harry. Once that thing is fired ONE time, everybody in the place piles in near and watches the sheer ridiculousness of it all. It is SO loud, fire shoots out in all directions... It's just over the top. It truly was so big and just weird. I see NO point in a gun that big... Just point and BLAM!!!!

It was SO fun! So now, Ben and I are making plans to go squeeze off a few with his guns... Good ole' USA. I love it. Anyway, here is the only picture that we took of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments / words of wisdom below: