Friday, January 16, 2009

On and on and on and on and so-on.

Went to Hogue Hospital to have ANOTHER MRI on my neck today. First off, I HATE small spaces (which is weird, because my computer is actually in a harry-potter closet)... Anyway, my appointment was at 6 and I PRE-Registered to be sure that I wouldn't have to sit there with a bunch of sick peeps, since I don't have a spleen. Of course there is traffic and we end up getting there at EXACTLY 6. Valet takes FOREVER to show up (like 3 minutes) and we walk through the hospital, not remembering that the back side is actually closer to radiology.

As we walk in, I notice there are a LOT of people waiting and think to myself "good thing I pre-registered, or I would have to sit out here with these saps". I stroll to the counter as if I was walking past a bunch of losers on Grammy night, and the girl there says "Charles?" I reply "Yes" as I'm thinking of an acceptance speech, she says "come have a seat right here, do you have your doctor's order?"... My fantasyland Grammy situation come crashing to a halt as I inform her that I do not, in fact, have said doctor's order.

So... now I need to call back on Monday, because they aren't open on the weekend to take appointments, and reschedule. You can BET that I'll be pre-registering for that one too...

Eventually, I'll get that Grammy. But for now, all I got was a Raspberry.

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever heard of an "open MRI"? When my daughter had to have her MRI that's what we did for her. Instead of being stuffed in a tube you lay on like this giant plate and then they move another giant plate above you, it's open all on the sides, so less claustrophobic. (sp?) Ask your doc, they're out there - still just as loud though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray all turns out well, Chip! We have sure missed you guys! I CAN'T believe Rebekah and Luke...the have grown sooooo much!!! They are beautiful!! Crazy how time flies!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments / words of wisdom below: